SiÅs is committed to the environment, and we do all we can to reduce our impact on the environment. We hope that you will help us by doing whatever you can to live a more environmentally friendly life. You can make a difference.
Waste and recycling in SiÅs student accommodation:
In SiÅs student accommodation you can sort the following waste:
- cardboard and paper
- glass and metal
- general waste (packed in rubbish bags)
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Don't leave windows open all day. A 10-minute breeze is enough.
- Turn down heating in the night and when you are not at home.
- Good and healthy food doesn't have to be expensive. Be aware of food choices: try to buy organic, avoid palm oil etc.
- Buy refills - it reduces waste and saves money.
- Choose products with ecological sources.
- Stop unwanted advertising.
- Use your own shopping bags, not plastic bags from the shop.
- Resell your old items.
Eating and cooking together is:
- More fun
- Reduces energy use
- Reduces waste and packaging
Environmentally friendly travel: leave the car behind!
We encourage all our tenants to use bicycles as much as possible, and take public transport for longer journeys. There are busses and trains which go to and from Ås. You can find timetables, maps and destinations here: http://ruter.no/